I’m not a seafood person, but my boyfriend ate up this dip and asked for more. It’s perfect for parties!
Top tips from me:
1) Chopped clams in juice are the way to go because then the chunks will be big enough and you can save the juice to fix the consistency of the dip. It should be neither too liquidy or too solid.
2) If your local Giant does not sell chives like mine, scallions are a common substitute, especially if you just thinly chop them.
3) You need to chill this overnight or it will not be clammy enough — Laura’s orders.
4) Serve with whatever dipping vehicle you prefer, but I chose pita chips, carrots and bell peppers. Laura recommended these plus raw broccoli and grape tomatoes.
5) While you will chill the dip, it’s important to leave your cream cheese out to soften so it’s easier to mix all the ingredients together.
6) It’s optional but definitely add the hot sauce. Laura said you can use sriracha, Cholula, Tabasco, habanero — you name it!
Chopping the chives then assembling the ingredients only takes about 5 – 10 minutes, but the dip needs to be chilled overnight or for 4 – 5 hours.
1 8 oz block of cream cheese — chopped chives, approx. 1/2 cup — Worcestershire sauce — kosher salt and black pepper to taste — paprika, for dip and garnish — 1 6.5 oz can of chopped clams, reserve the juice — optional: hot sauce — vegetables and pita chips for dipping
Did you make this recipe and have any suggestions? Make sure to leave a comment!